THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Our baby is 2!


When Lola was an infant our term of endearment for her was "little bug". Ever since then we have had a thing for lady bugs. So we planned a ladybug party to celebrate Lola's 2nd birthday. At the end of the night we sent the children home with their own jar of ladybugs.
When our guests would wish Lola a happy birthday she would in turn respond by wishing them a happy birthday.
Our sweet little neighbor, Mihika, was so happy about coming to a ladybug party that she pulled out her ladybug Halloween costume. It left me wishing I'd found Lola a ladybug costume, too!


I made Lola's cake. Todd laughed and shook his head at me after I kept repeating "This is harder than I thought it would be." He reminded me that I'd said the same thing about the invitations, chocolate covered Oreo ladybugs and the fruit bouquet. In my mind, I'm able to whip it all together quickly but in real life it's always a different story!


After blowing out the candle, Lola promptly grabbed it and tried to eat it. I must admit for a candle it did look delicious!

Lola got all of my favorite presents, wood puzzles, books, darling clothes and cute flowers for her hair.
Oh! and these perfect little shoes from mommy! How could I pass up strappy, snake skin sandals?

6 comments:

Kathie said...

I just have to tell you I think Lola is one of the cutest little girls on the planet.

Finch Family said...

Happy Birthday Lola!
So cute Amber, and you claim that you aren't artistic!

Johnsons said...

You are so stinking cute! Everything turned out great. Could you be more talented?
I hope little Lola had a great birthday. I really can't believe that it has already been two years.

FJ Johnson said...

what a cute party. I love the lady bug cake. Your baby girl is so adorable I can't get over it.

Andrea said...

She is so sweet!! I can't believe she is already 2!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOLA!

Valerie said...

What a great party! Love the cake!! She's sure a cutie :)