THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 2, 2010

La Jolla Symphony

Our good friend, Ben, was commissioned to write a piece for The La Jolla Symphony. Todd and I went to the performance of Ben's piece, In Paradisum. It was amazing. He is a musical genius. His work is very modern and I'd never heard anything like it but I loved it. It truly moved me. To learn more about Ben's music click here.

I really enjoyed being at the symphony. I kept picturing my children up there playing in the symphony. I played the violin for 4 years as a teenager and then quit. It will always be one of my biggest regrets.(Mom, you were so right!) Ashton is now learning to play the violin and it seems she has inherited her fathers musical abilities. She is very driven. I am already grooming Kye to play my favorite instrument, the cello. That's what kids are for, right? To fulfill all the dreams we couldn't achieve ourselves!

3 comments:

brooke said...

That is very cool! Congrats to Ben! Amber...you should pick up the violin again and go for it!

Valerie said...

How fun that you were able to attend his performance!

Christy said...

I'm also a big fan of Ben's works and of the cello!