THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Just call us the Griswald's


Student housing had a balcony decorating contest with a $100 prize. We decided we would do everything we could to win. Luckily, we had almost everything we needed and had to buy very little. Our main competition was our neighbors across the street from us. First, we put up all that we had: the icicle lights, snowman, presents and red lights. I noticed the next night our neighbors had put up a little more so I bought some normal lights and wrapped the railing with lights and covered them in quilt batting to look like snow. The next night our neighbors had again added more decorations. I didn't realize quite how competitive I am but just like in the movies I had to out do my neighbors! So we spent that night cutting out over 40 snowflakes (I've now spent the last few days re-taping them to the ceiling as they fall). Finally, the night of the judging we even played Christmas music from our balcony and.......we won! Yeah for us!

10 comments:

Cody and Tracie Bradford said...

Hey we missed you guys today! Brooklyn was so bummed that Ashton was not there. Let me know that next time you guys are going to be in Utah and Ash can come and play.

brooke said...

I noticed that you won! I bet your kids were so happy!

Ali said...

Looks so cute!
Good Job!!

Angie H. said...

That is so AWESOME! I would have done the same and it is great you even won. Way to go!!!
HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS, LOVE YA!

thelasernas said...

Oh, Christmas in San Dieg...I miss it. We are visiting SD from Jan 7 - Jan 10. Will you be around? We would love to see you guys!

Abby said...

I vote for your balcony! Hilarious! I'll bet the kids were loving all this! Miss you! Happy Holidays.

*J*E*N* said...

HAH!!!!!! That is HILARIOUS!

Jana said...

Yea for $100 bucks!! it is really cute. I love your christmas card, thanks for sending us one. i was lazy this year and skipped the cards.

and boo to you guys for going to D-land. again! jealous

Valerie said...

Awesome!! So glad you won :)

Staci J said...

How cute are you guys!! I'm so glad you won after all that effort! I was reading your post rooting and hoping too, b/c I'm a maniac when it comes to competition too! Hope you guys have a great New Year!