THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother Dear

Mom, lately I've been making our kids' lunches every morning before they go to school. It takes me longer than you might think and I sometimes find myself grumbling about it. But I thought of something recently that has helped change my attitude. I remembered how you not only made lunches for us kids nearly everyday, but you also took the time to write a note on each one of our napkins. These notes were always personal and sometimes pretty long. And even though I was a little embarrased by them when I got older (I tried to read them quickly before my friends could see what I was doing), they always made my day. Thank you for all of the little things you did and do. They make me want to be a better father.
--Todd

Mom, I love you so much. Thanks for all you do! I have so many wonderful memories! You've always been such a fun mom. I remember our rides up Payson canyon in the Bronco while eating ice cream and fun camping memories of the West Fork and the Kendall Kampout. I remember liking to be sick as a kid (sometimes even faking) because I loved to say home and be taken care of by you. You've always been known as a hard worker, someone who can do every and anything. Thank you for teaching me how to work. It was so fun having such young mom. I love how you and Grandma Shirley stayed up all night singing karaoke with us on our "girls" cruise. You've always been beautiful. I remember the dentist asking me if you were single! You always made holidays so special, making green shamrock pancakes for St. Patti's Day and bunnies for Easter. I always thought no Christmas tree could ever compare to ours. I really think I had the ideal childhood! Thanks for being so compassionate. It was amazing to see the way you cared for your Grandparents, even bringing them to live in our home. You've done so much for me and I love you!
--Amberly

1 comments:

Jaime Stephens said...

That is sweet, and I love that picture it's awesome!