THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Break......literally!

My cousin Abby's sweet baby, Olivia. How cute is she!






We had a busy spring break. We went to Utah and enjoyed many fun activities. We met baby Olivia. I saw my friend Steph's sweet baby boy. We rode horses, celebrated Grandma Jean's 81st birthday, saw the Hannah Montana movie the day befor it came out (our friend own's a movie theater so we got to go to the premier) and got to enjoy many other fun activities!
Now the downside. Lola was sick all week and Kye caught strep throat. I had an apioectemy and spent the week looking like a lopsided chipmunk. I don't know what part of the phrase "oral surgery" meant pain free to me befor the surgery but now I know why I was perscribed vicadin!
And now the crowning event....
On Friday we were having a funfilled cousin day at Hayley's house when Lucy came in to tell me that Kye had fallen out of the bounce house and broke his arm. I went out to give him the customary mother's kiss better when I realized that his left arm was forming a strange u-shape (think Harry Potter's arm from the second movie). I brought him in and told nurse Hayley that I thought it really was broke. She took one look at the misshapen mess and readily agreed with me. We called Todd and met him at the ER and then spent the next long 8 hours there. We were told there was a chance he would need surgery. We were grateful to find out it was just a severe break of both bones and would not require sugery. He told me that he was happy because they gave him a Charlie Brown sling. Oh boy, was Lucy jealous! Since returning to school he has received a lot of attention and is loving that part of it. My shy boy said "One good thing is that now everyone gives me a lot of attention!" I'm glad he's looking at the bright side of things!




5 comments:

Keely Kapp said...

Oh no! How sad for Kye. We totally missed you up here. I didnt even know you were here. Hope everything starts to go better for you all!

Johnsons said...

Oh, poor Kye looks so sad. Glad that you were able to have a little bit of fun besides just sickness and injuries. I hope his arm gets better soon.
Love ya!

Angie H. said...

Sounds like a CRAZY spring break! I am sad I didn't get to see you, but I understand how busy you probably were. Kye is such a cute boy, Porter would have loved to see him. That sucks he broke his arm.

Ali said...

It was such a fun day at Hayley's! (until Kye's incident) We love hanging out with the Brown girls and letting the kids go wild together! So glad we were able to spend some time with you while you were in Utah!

Staci J said...

Oh poor Kye! What a sport! I'm so dreading that dreaded news with my own kids, I don't even want to say we haven't had any breaks yet, b/c now of course it will happen! Oral surgery is crappy! I'm so sorry you've had so much pain to deal with! Hope you all recover and feel better soon...