THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

A name and a blessing

On Sunday we blessed our sweet little Lola Jean. Todd did a wonderful job and she didn't even cry. She was named after his great-grandma Sarah Lola Carnes and my grandma Mary Jean Brown.

My sisiter Hayley and I tried to do some "professional" photos. She has a nice camera but I think we need to work on lighting and technique.
I love this dress! I looked and looked and felt more and more confused with each dress I saw until I saw this one. It is raw silk and reminds me of my wedding dress. We drove up to Salt lake to a baby boutique to buy it after I'd seen it on their website. When we got there they were out of the dress! Luckily, as we were driving home we passed another store and I decided just to check and see what they had. I never imagined they would have the exact dress but I walked in and there it was! It was meant to be!

We had lots of food and family join us for a brunch afterwards.

This is Lola and her great-grandparents Doug and Shirley Smith and Mary Jean Brown and her husband Bud Nielson.

We were blessed to have a lot of my family join us for the special day. Unfortunately Todd's family could not make it but we are looking forward to a trip to Arizona to see them next week.

4 comments:

Jana said...

What a wonderful day. Wish we could of been there. I love the blessing dress.

Lisa said...

Lola looks so beautiful in her dress! Blessing days are always so special. I think it is sweet that she was named after her two Great Grandmothers.

Johnsons said...

What a special day. I wish I could have been there, but I can't wait to see her. That dress is gorgeous! See you soon. Love ya.

Staci J said...

She is such a doll, you can already see the resemblance to the rest of your cute family. Darling dress too...