THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Kye's baptism

Kye was baptized on June 5th.
Todd did a great job baptizing him. Kye had to be dunked twice because his hand came out of the water the first time.
Kye is already a great little missionary. He decided to get baptized in San Diego and not wait until we moved to Utah because he wanted to share this special day with all his friends, especially his friends that are not Mormon.

Kye and Bishop Taylor
His extra-special surprise, a candy bar poster from Grandpa & Grandma Welker.



The whole family
We were so blessed to have so many come out to support Kye on his special day. Granny Helen and Kami decided the day before the baptism that they didn't want to miss it and they drove out. Emily also didn't want to miss out so she and Milo met up with the rest of the family in St George to come out.

Kye and his BFF Troi
Granny Helen and Kye




Blake and Millie didn't want to come get their pictures taken because they were too busy being on a date.
The Welker's

The Brown's

8 comments:

Christy and Jason said...

What a special day! Love his little suit---so handsome!

The Yoder Family said...

That's so fun that Alex and Kye got baptized on the same day! Great you had so much family support too. We miss you guys!

Valerie said...

What a handsome young man he is. Congratulations Kye!

Angie H. said...

Oh Kye! I forgot he is that old, that means Porter is too! :) What an AMAZING day for you all, I bet it was so neat, I can't wait!
When the heck are you moving back and where? I can't wait!!! :)

Sam said...

Kye,
I was so impressed by your missionary efforts on your baptism day. I'd like to use the picture of you with your friends for my lesson in primary on Sunday - would that be okay? Looks like you had a great day. Love, Aunt Sam

Sam said...

Sorry, my name says Dad --Ken set that up, I need to change it!
Sam

Amberly said...

Of course Sam! That would make Kye very happy if you used his picture. We can't wait to live nearer to you all!
Ang-We'll be there July 1st! Can't wait!

Blogger said...

Hey Amber! I came across your blog while reading someone else's blog. I love your posts! I love that picture of the group with Kye in the center and he being the only one looking right in the camera. :-) Hope you guys are doing well!