THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 9, 2010

The best Christmas ever!

Ever since riding Dumbo at Disneyland, Lola has been obsessed with elephants. Santa brought Lola a rocking elephant or Dumdo as she calls it.
I've never been able to sleep on Christmas Eve. I used to make my 4 younger siblings stay up with me all night. This year was no exception. We told the kids they couldn't get up until 6:30. At 6 I was lying there awake and heard Ash and Kye in their room. I decided to let them stay in there and let the anticipation build until 6:30. Oh, the torture!
Kye chose to go through his stocking before opening any of the large gifts. In his stocking he found a slinky and a watch. He exclaimed "This is the best Christmas ever!" Boy, if we'd only known that he'd think that after just opening the small stuff.......



Kye asked for a mini pool table, dart board and a super surprise (no pressure Santa). He was thrilled with his surprise, a scooter that sparks!
Ash's greatest wish was for skates.
Santa always brings the kids a game for the family to share. It comes half wrapped in Ash's wrapping paper and the other half in Kye's.
The great thing about living in San Diego is that you actually get to go outside and enjoy your new gifts!

4 comments:

Finch Family said...

Looks like fun! Lola's elephant is so cute. I am so jealous of mom and Hayley...I really wish I was coming with them. Maybe I will have to start watching for cheap flights and plan a sunny get away!

Angie H. said...

Christmas Morning is the best. It looks like you had a wonderful one. I love that Lola has an adorable flower in that early in the morning, that's my girl! That's good to see that Kye got his Dart Board.:) Love the Gingerbread houses!

Amberly said...

Ang, you know that's one of your cute flowers! Em, please come! Reward yourself with a trip when you finish a semester!

Christy said...

wow! I never would have recognized Lola! She's so big!