THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 3, 2009

New York

Todd and I spent a weekend in New York to celebrate our 10th anniversary. Our anniversary is in February but we waited until Sept. because I was still nursing Lola. New York is amazing! We stayed 1 block off Times Square. Times Square is crazy. At any given time of the day it was crowded and busy. I loved to just sit and people watch.
We visited St. Patrick's Cathedral. It was beautiful amongst all the big square high rises.

We spent time in Central Park. It's so nice and calming in the middle of all the craziness.
No, we didn't see the show but Todd was happy just to see the theater.
Todd grew up watching the movie Bye Bye Birdie. When he heard the Broadway Show was playing in New York he really wanted to see it. I was fine seeing it because it starred John Stamos. Come on, you know Uncle Jesse is hot!

Our hotel was right next to the Midtown Fire Station. Nine years later people are still leaving flowers in memory of those who died in 9-11.

We visited St Paul's Chapel. It is right across from Ground Zero. The graveyard was covered in debris for along time after 9-11. The chapel was used as a makeshift hospital following the act of terror. It was a place of refuge and peace. I'm generally not an emotional person but I could not stop the tears.
Ground Zero
The Brooklyn Bridge
We walked from one end of Manhattan to the other. We ate lunch in Chinatown. The food was good but the streets stunk like rotten fish. If Todd looks mad in this picture it is because I couldn't help but to keep repeating how bad it smelled!
Little Italy was celebrating some kind a saint day. It was insane! We were wishing we had waited to eat there! Who can pass up some yummy Italian food while sitting next to some guy who looks like he belongs on The Sopranos?
After eating cheesecake every night at midnight I gained 3 pounds. It was worth every bite!
The Empire States building
We went to sacrament meeting at the chapel inside the temple. Unfortunately, I forgot my skirt so it was the first time I've ever attended church in my jeans. After meeting some of the families in the ward that are attending Columbia University I felt very grateful to live in San Diego where my children have open space and green grass to play on.
We took a row boat out for spin in Central Park.
Me and Al Roker
We took a harbor tour and saw the Statue of Liberty.
The End!

11 comments:

Jade, Maclee, Briten & Jalee said...

How fun I want to go to NYC really bad maybe some day!I talked to your mom she had fun too!

Ashli said...

Hurray for you guys! I'm so glad you got to do something soooo fun! I love NYC. It looks like you had a great time!

FJ Johnson said...

What a fun vacation. I love New York, there is never a dull moment.

Calli Fox said...

I have always wanted to go to New York. I have now decided to go for my 10 year!! Only 5 years to go. You look so cute in all the pics. Calli

Jana said...

john stamos is NOT hot, but I bet those firemen were--and for sure that naked(i wish totally!) cowboy!

Adam and I went and I loved it. I want to eat cheesecake three nights in a row. I am glad that you guys had fun. Thats a great anniversary.

Angie H. said...

How much FUN! It looks like you had a blast, I love The End!

Margo said...

ha ha, the end! Looks like you had a blast in NY. I am so glad you left a comment... i had lost track of your blog address! now i'm adding it to my list so i can see how wonderful you and your family look every time you post! Having a mini-me is fun and scary. what if she doesn't like the way she looks and it's all MY fault?? aaaahhhh.

xóchitl said...

WELKERS!!!
yes, we do want to see you. we're only in Laguna Niguel.
Amber, you better email me soon!
xanson@hotmail.com

Staci J said...

How fun for you guys!! I love and miss New York sooo much! You guys hit all the fun spots way to go!! You look amazing Amber!

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

I love that place. There is ALWAYS so much going on. You can just feel the energy in the air. Did you experience riding the subway? We use to live way downtown in the Financial District two blocks from ground zero. I don't think you can walk past it without it evoking some kind of emotion. Happy 10 years!

Jana said...

Shame on you for not telling us sooner. We could of met up with you guys. Happy 10th year.