THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sympathy vs. Empathy

Kye finally got his cast off last Friday. We were all so happy. I thought I had been pretty sympathetic with him. I tried really hard to help him and be patient with him but apparently I needed a lesson in the difference between sympathy and empathy. So....

1 strollercise class + 1 huge klutz (me) + 1 big fall + 3 hours in the ER= 1 fractured elbow

Luckily, it's my left arm and I didn't have to get a cast. I'm just in a really cool sling for about 2 weeks. The Dr said if you have to break a bone this is the best bone to break because it heals quickly. So now I'm understanding all that Kye went through. There are so many things that I can't do. I can't roundbrush my hair. I can't buckle Lola's car seat. I can't wash our dishes. The list goes on and on. I never appreciated having 2 working arms so much until now! I guess I'm just glad it's only 2 weeks instead of 8. So lesson learned! The next time a Welker child breaks a bone I'll be better able to understand all that they are going through!

5 comments:

Staci J said...

Yikes! How difficult to be a mom with broken bones!!! Hope you recover soon, and get lots of "sympathy" from your family:)

FJ Johnson said...

Sad. I hope your arms heals quickly.

Jana said...

Im sorry for you, except for the not being able to do dishes part--that must be kind of nice!

(unless they are in piles and waiting for your arm to get better!)

*J*E*N* said...

Ok first of all, whats a "strollercise" class? Second-OUCH!!! And third-no dishes? at least thats a silver lining. I will call you tomorrow:)

Angie H. said...

OH MY HECK GIRL,I CAN BELIVE YOU DID THAT...ARE YOU OK? CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YA SOON!