THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

San Diego

We are here! We have arrived! We have been back in San Diego for a week now and we are loving it! We are living in La Jolla just 5 minutes fom the beach. It's so fun! We are in an upstairs apartment this time and despite being over 30 years old our apartment is great. We've been visiting all our favorite spots; the cove, the beach, Sea World and Trader Joe's. I had forgotten all the great places that we loved when we were here befor. It's been fun revisiting them all.
The kids LOVE the beach!
Lola's first trip to the beach was great! She's a true beach bunny!
Sleep has been eluding Lola since we got here. I'm not sure if it's her age or the move but it's definitely been a challenge!


The kids on our balcony, all ready for school.

The kids new school. I fondly refer to it as the United Nations. There are so many foreign grad studnts at UCSD. Their children all attend school with my kids. Most come here and live for a few years and then return to their home country. Ashton's 2 new friends are from Vietnam and Japan. Kye says he has made friends with all 21 kids in his class and according to him he is "popular". I know that there is at least 1 other American boy in his class. Our next door neighbor is in his class both at school and church. I am grateful for this because it has certainly made the transition much easier for him. I am so glad my children are having this oppurtunity of attending such a diverse school.
We got season passes to Sea World and have already been twice. I had forgotten just how amazing it all is. It has been so fun to go again.
Petting the bat rays.
Just look at those happy faces!


11 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow, it's like living in a vacation. What a fun place for your family to live for a time.

Isa said...

Amber! You are back!!! Lets hang out!!! Our Mesa address is: 9268-H (central)...Ben and I are in France right now;) We'll be home on the 19th!!! So excited to see you guys again!!!

Jana said...

I can't believe you are in San Deigo. We will have to look you guys up when we come visit. We want to take the girls to Sea World. I don't know when it will be but soon hopefully. O I need to get Todd's email for Joe.

The Losee Family said...

How fun and exciting for you guys. Brooke is so sad that Ashton is gone so please make sure when you come to visit to give us a ring. We will miss you.
JoAnn

Haskell Fam said...

That came so fast! I remember some one saying you were moving and BAM you are already there! I am glad things are so fun! Hey we are coming down to San Diego in December for Justin's wedding, if you guys are not coming home for the holidays, I might have a favor to ask ya? Let me know. We are staying in a condo on the beach, but we are still trying to figure out a babysitter while we are in the temple. Hope all is well!
Stacy

Jana said...

so cruel to post pic. at the beach. i so miss it. im glad you guys are all settled in and cant wait to meet up at disneyland and i think we should do sea world. i have never been.

Deidre said...

The beach looks like so much fun and I am jealous you have season passes to Sea World. You were a huge help, thanks so much! You should think about selling them also.

Johnsons said...

I'm so glad you guys made it, and that you are having a good time. I have wondered how things are going. I am so jealous you live so close to the beach and Sea World. HOw fun to be able to take your kids whenever you feel like it! I hope that everything else is going ok. Talk to you soon. Love ya girl!

*J*E*N* said...

I am so glad you are back even though you left me for three years!!!! It was so fun seeing you and picking up right where we left off-shopping and eating:)

FJ Johnson said...

I love San Deigo. I wish I was still there. I will have to come visit you.

Angie H. said...

Hey Amber,
I was showing Porter pictures wear Ky lives now on your blog, he thinks it is really cool looking and can't wait to go out to stay whith him. I can't wait either!
I am looking forward to SHOP!!!
I'll see ya in a few weeks.
love ya, Angie