THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 11, 2008

My smart husband

I just wanted to tell Todd's big news. He was just awarded a fellowship from The Bancroft Library at UC Berkley. For those of you non-scholar types (like me), a fellowship is like a scholarship but they just give you the money and let you spend it on your research, however you choose. It's a very prestigious award. I'm so proud of him. He is so dedicated. This does mean we may be moving back to San Diego come this Fall so he can focus on finishing his dissertation and receive his Ph D. I'll keep you all updated on our plans!

5 comments:

FJ Johnson said...

Congrats Todd! That's awesome. Good luck in California, i'll have to come visit.
P.S. i love my hair too

... said...

Congrats!! Sure you wouldn't want to move to the Bay Area, instead?

Johnsons said...

Way to go Todd!! Congrats! You guys will do great wherever you end up. Hey Amber I haven't forgot to call you back. My fam has been in town so I haven't had a chance, but I will call you soon.
Love ya

Isa said...

That is amazing! I hope you come back:) We'll be here...Going on seven years...gulp:)

Abby said...

Hey congrats Welkers! Way to go. Let me know as soon as you know on the move! Call me to do lunch. love ya.