THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 5, 2009

The 4th of July



We had a busy, fun-filled 4th! The day started with me and my friend Brittney running a local 5k. We ran it in 26 minutes and were pretty proud of ourselves considering it was her 1st and my 2nd race. Then we met Todd and Lola at the ward pancake breakfast. From there we went to the airport to pick up Kye and Ash. They loved their first "solo" flight. We then spent the afternoon at a barbecue with Todd's school friends. His colleague's wife, Allison, went all out! She had waterguns, water balloons, red-white-and-blue jello, a pie eating contest (Kye took 2nd place) and all kinds of other fun activities. It was so much fun! Unfortunately, Lola had spent half of the previous night awake and was so tired that I had to leave early to let her take a nap. I accidentally took the camera home and missed out on all the great photo opportunities! We ended the night watching the fireworks over the ocean. Needless to say we all slept well that night!

2 comments:

*J*E*N* said...

You're supposed to be my "I hate to run friend"-you traitor:) I PROMISE I will call you tomorrow!

thelasernas said...

We wish we could have been there with you guys on the 4th--seems like the kids all had a blast!